Monday, August 24, 2009

Question on Comments

What do you think:

Like most people, I love getting comments on the blog, but they do leave me in a bit of a quandary at times. I often want to respond to the comments, particularly if they include questions. But where do you do your responding? Do I respond in another comment on the same post? Or will they never check back for an answer? Do I e-mail the response directly to the person? Or do I go to their blog (if they have one) and leave the response in a comment there?

I'd love to hear what you think!

I love pictures of me (yeah right), but figure no one will look at a post that doesn't include pictures. Eden took this picture of me contemplating the mysteries of the blog universe.

8 comments:

AmberS said...

I'm not sure...I hope you get some answers so I know what to do as well. But, I love your quote on the side bar about women. I was thinking about that the other day...I'm glad you had it for me to read. Thank You!

Christie Moss and Brenden said...

I just comment back and forth on the most recent post. Even if the question or answer doesn't have anything to do with your post haha. Thats what suits me the best:)

Staci said...

Hey you look awesome 2 chaps how fun so I just respond back on other peoples blog but then I have one girl said it was to hard so she just responds underneath her own comment so whatev works but our blog is kirklandfam.blogspot.com i update like once a month someday i will get better!

Kelly said...

We are so in tune :) I have pondered on this mystery myself, although I'm sure I didn't look as beautiful doing it.

I recently noticed a check box when you leave a comment that says "email follow-up comments to..." so if people would check that, they would get your response in their email plus it would show up in the blog comments so others can read it. But I don't know how many people use it. I think I will do a post telling people to use it - you do the same. Between the two of us famous bloggers I'm sure we'll reach most everyone :) And I will check that box NOW...

Ashley and Drue said...

Hellooooo! Julene, I kept your concealers out for as long as I could- until we had to pack up and move away! So, I still have them ready for you whenever you want them:) I'll just send them to you from Nebraska. Yeah, we added a bundle of boy joy to our home- Oliver Dean- on May 25th, blessed him on July 12th and moved out of UT on July 13th, into NE on July 15th. This has been an eventful summer! I love seeing your family and darling pictures of Noah and Eden- SO sweet! You look beautiful as always. Keep up with us and we'll keep up with you!

Robyn said...

Hi, I want to put my two cents in on this. I think if there is a particular topic of hot debate that people are getting involved in, I would put the reply on my own post. Otherwise if it was a regular question, like "where did you get the shirt you are wearing in that picture," or "do you want to get the kidlets together to play tomorrow?" I would go to that person's blog. he former happened once on my blog, but normally I feel too weird to comment on my own posts.

Your children are adoreable... and I liked lick it for 10! :)

Julene said...

So, Kelly...clearly I am NOT a famous blogger, but you are! How did the follow-up e-mails work? It seems like I did that once and it started e-mailing me every little change ever made to the persons blog and made me crazy. What do you think?

Heath said...

When I leave a comment there is a tool here that says whether I want to be notified of replies. So if the commenter wants to see what you answer they just check the box.

But you don't HAVE to use this solution, because I am not bossy or anything. You could do something else, you know some other solution that isn't as good as mind.

:)

Our Family Blog

Well, as trendy as it is, we jumped on the blogwagon and started our own family blog. We will try and occasionally tell everyone what we are up to, and to prevent hours of searching through our intolerably exiting lives, we will try to keep it as concise and attractive as possible.