She was born at home at about 4:30 a.m. and everything went perfectly. She was 7 lbs. 2 oz. and 21 inches long. From the time we knew she was on her way until she made her entrance was only about 4 1/2 hours long. She was born in a birthing pool and I put this next picture in so you can sort of see part of it because everyone seems interested in what exactly that is like.
I was only in it for the last 1/2 hour and wore a swim dress. Being in the water was really comfy. I sort of fell asleep in there between contractions, even the last ones in between pushes. I don't have a lot of pictures because we are not at home right now (more on that later), but will post more later. I think she came out looking completely "unsquished"--so pretty!
Eden got to see her moments after she was born. The kids were both sleeping peacefully until about the time I got in the pool and could tell things were getting to the end. Eden somehow must have known and came out of her room. She wouldn't go back to bed and just hung around in the entry (we were in the living room) for a half hour until her sister arrived and she was able to come see her. She was a little nervous for a minute and then really excited and so in love. Pretty cool.
Eden ended up waking Noah up around 5:30 or 6 and convincing him to get out of bed and come see the baby. He was totally out of it and not really interested and went back to be immediately. Even the next day he was much more excited about the little stuffed dog that Sarai gave him than in Saria herself. So funny. Pretty big difference between him and Eden who just could not get enough of her new baby!


2 comments:
Wonderful! I am so happy things went well. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE her name. It is perfect. You will have to email me or call me to give me the details. Or maybe I should just try to stop by-- we will be in bountiful for Conference. I love you!
Oh Julene, I'm so happy for you! Hooray that you were able to have sweet little Sarai at home like you wanted to. We need to get up there one of these days to pay a visit! Love to you all!!
Post a Comment