Food Ingredient Lists can be frightening things, especially if you read them after you've consumed a item masquerading as something edible. I've been noticing that, for the most part, items with the shortest ingredients lists leave me feeling better and more fulfilled than their lengthy list counterparts. So here's a new section for the ol' blog that will be reoccurring: Pure Goodness!
Pure Goodness Product: Butter
Ingredients: Cream, salt (if salted)
Lengthy List Loser: Margarine
Ingredients: Liquid Soybean Oil, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Water, Buttermilk, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Sodium Benzoate, (as A Preservative) Vegetable Mono and Diglycerides, Artificial Flavor, Vitamin A Palmitate, Colored With Betacarotene, (Pro Vitamin A).
The above is actually quite a short list for non-butter spreads! Eeek!
Pure Goodness Product: Butter
Ingredients: Cream, salt (if salted)Lengthy List Loser: Margarine
Ingredients: Liquid Soybean Oil, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Water, Buttermilk, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Sodium Benzoate, (as A Preservative) Vegetable Mono and Diglycerides, Artificial Flavor, Vitamin A Palmitate, Colored With Betacarotene, (Pro Vitamin A).The above is actually quite a short list for non-butter spreads! Eeek!
2 comments:
I'm a fan of Pure Goodness! Bring it on! I grew up with margarine but have only bought it once since being married. And realized quickly that it wasn't for us (I don't think my mom uses it anymore either.) I don't even look at the price difference - it's worth it!
I've always loved butter. Margarine Sucks! I will anxiously await the next posting of Pure Goodness.
Post a Comment