Lots of remodeling going on. Lots and Lots. Our grass is finally looking green and only 3 of the bizillian plants and trees we have planted in the last few months have died..... actually they were not planted... perhaps thats why they died. I have a nasty habit of buying plants and then letting them sit in the sun for a week before i plant them. Not a good idea when it is over 95 degrees I have now learned.
But anyway, I'll have to post some pictures of our 6 new aspen trees 3 new maple trees, 3 new fruitless pear trees,2 new apple trees, 7 new bushes, and more....
I will not however post pictures of our sorry excuse for a garden..... as it is not growing. The last frost date here in bountiful is may 24th so we planted from seed during about the second week of June...... bad idea. I think gardens like to grow in the spring. not the summer. because here it is the end of July and our biggest plants are like 4 inches tall.... and hiding amidst the more thriving weed patch. yeah.... gardens are way over rated.
3 comments:
I don't know that any of us inherited Grandma Poulsen's green thumb unfortunately! Better luck next year :o)
It has taken a few years for me to get the hang of gardening. I find each plant has its personality! I can't wait to see things!
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who leaves the plants in the pots WAY too long, I have several that I don't think are going to recover either. Don't give up on the gardening-- give yourself a BIG learning curve. I've decided that my philosophy of gardening is "survival of the fittest" which ever plants can out grow the weeds win and those that don't... well too bad for them. I'll have to come by next time we are down there and see all your work!
Post a Comment